The S4 key provides desktop protection, encryption and access control software.
S4Enterprise enables system administrators to strengthen security/use rules. It offers:
- - Extremely easy development and management.
- - Centralized choice of User Profiles.
- - Automatic management of portable computers.
- - Modular construction.
Key Features of S4Enterprise
- Application protection: Prevent users from running any application.
- Drive protection: Restrictions include no access; read only access, no application to run from drive.
- Folder protection: Restrictions include no access, read only access, hidden, encrypted.
- File protection: Restrictions include no access, read only access, hidden, encrypted.
- Encryption: Completely transparent - no manual encryption / decryption required. Encryption /decryption is performed automatically, in memory, during read/write operations.
- Exemptions: Applications, files and folders can be exempt from general protection settings.
- Registry key protection: Write protect Registry settings.
- MS-DOS Command protection: Disable individual MS-DOS commands such as DEL, COPY, etc.
- Multiple users: Individual and groups of users each with individual access rights to protected items.
- One-time passwords: enabling one-day access if a password is lost.
- Central Administration: Choice of methods for centralized administration on a network.
- Roaming Access Rights: A user's access rights are applied wherever they are logged on.
- Easy installation: Rollout across network with pre-set settings.
- SynFolders - automatic creation of private encrypted folders for each on logged on user.
- Multiple administrators, each with different access rights to settings.
- Set-up Wizard to generate restrictions and access rights automatically.
- Automatic generation of policy templates for control of through policy extensions; Windows 98 specific settings.
- Automatic checking of settings for overlap and discrepancies.
- Encryption options include ability to generate self-decrypting files, to allow send-ing of confidential files by email, etc. and use of encrypted floppy drives.
- Available in versions for Windows 3.x, 95/98 and Windows NT.