DFusion technology is designed to support information interoperability between heterogeneous and/or remote applications (data-level integration between systems):
- Data mining from the source application;
- Transformation of mined data structure (data structure should comply with the requirements of the destination application);
- Controlled delivery of mined data on top of heterogeneous transport environments;
- Data downloading into the destination application;
- Journaling of transactions.
- Domain object instance is used as a unit of information exchange; it is a set of linked entities with roles (parent, child, classifier) identified and stored in the database of the application;
- Automatic control of cross-reference integrity of information across application systems at the level of object instances and classifiers;
- Integration with heterogeneous transport environments;
- Information exchange in automatic mode according to adaptable interoperability rules;
- Open component model which makes it possible to expand functionality by adding newly-created components.
Interoperability description and execution in DFusion:
- DFusion.Configurator is used for creating an interoperability script;
- Interoperability rules (init events) are defined for the script;
- Interoperability script is executed using a set of Microsoft COM components;
- Interoperability can be initialized both in automatic ("DFusion.Dispatcher", Windows event scheduler), and manual mode.
DFusion-based distributed system operation:
- DFusion-based distributed systems are built as a collection of interoperable nodes;
- Each DFusion node can provide some or all its services to more than one applications;
- DFusion-based distributed system can be administered remotely from the central node (where interoperability rules and scripts are replicated, and DFusion software updates are distributed);
- A "thin" node with minimum hardware requirements is developed for data acquisition systems; its purpose is data entry based on centrally distributed templates.
- DFusion administrator workstation - Win32 (Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP) platform;
- DFusion event manager and transport layer adapter - WinNT (Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP) platform;
- Microsoft COM, DCOM Component Object Model.