Application software tools
We are living in the world of changes. And nothing changes so quickly like the requirements to the reports generated by your application. No matter who you are - a designer, a user or an automatic-control engineer - you find yourself in a difficult situation. To cope with it you need a program to help you create a report by yourself, without calling the designer in case you’re a user of the system or engineer, or if you are a designer, to meet the requirements of the most demanding user quickly using a unified report generator. This is the very program we offer for your consideration.
OpenReport offers you:
- various reports creation thanks to the usage of parametrizable queries, master-detail, scripts, grouping and aggregating;
- quick report template creation and its layout in accordance with the format selected;
- queries processing and scripts debugging;
- user interaction and use of his/her answers as data selection criteria when creating a report;
- expression editor allowing to create complex reports with a large number of calculated fields;
- reports creation in various formats including MS Word, MS Excel, Formula One, HTML, Text, the format number may be extended irrespective of system developers;
- quick data processing reducing database server loading and optimization of network resources usage;
- architecture based on COM-technology which provides possibility of system extension by other developers as well as its embedding into other software COM-supporting products;
- ADO/OLE DB technology used for data access that allows to operate either relational databases or any other data sources from the relevant OLE DB provider.
OpenReport Designer will allow you to:
- create and modify report templates, store them in the database and on the hard disk;
- create report spreadsheets;
- operate the formats (the panels) in report templates;
- import/export the templates into text files;
- run individual queries and scripts in templates for the purpose of debugging.
OpenReport Runtime allows to make reports by the templates created in OpenReport Designer environment. It may be embedded into other programs.
- i486 and above;
- Microsoft Windows 95 and above, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 or above;
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 2 or above;
- administrator’s priviledge for the user to install the system (if installation is carried out on Microsoft Windows NT or Windows 2000 with no required MDAC components available);
- at least 30 MB free space on hard disk (10 MB of free space in case of MDAC installation);
- MS Excel to get reports in MS Excel format;
- MS Word to get reports in MS Word format.
Borland Delphi, Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/2003, COM, ADO/OLE DB